Happy Summer! I hope you had a fun and safe fourth of July. The warm and sunny weather is here to stay and I want to share with you a light and refreshing dessert that’ll be sure to add some festivities into your summer. This quick and easy treat is dairy-free and can be put together in less than 5 minutes. In the midst of all the busy-ness, we could all use something simple in our lives, right?! Strawberries are packed with health benefits and have astrological ties, so I wanted to talk about that today, too.
For this recipe, you only need 3 ingredients. Coconut milk, strawberries and blueberries. Yes, that’s it! Did you know that berries are packed with antioxidants and fiber? They truly are nature’s candy that come with so many benefits. These hydrating fruits support your immune system thanks to its high vitamin C content. The fiber aids digestion, and antioxidants work hard to reduce oxidative stress that can occur from environmental, nutritional or lifestyle factors. This means helping protect against disease. Although seen year-round, strawberries and blueberries are in season during the summer.
Through the ages, these beautiful berries have been known to have gentle detoxifying, antibacterial, and astringent properties; those same properties encourage us to gently prepare ourselves for the projects or fertile periods ahead. In astrology, strawberry is considered a feminine plant, governed by the planet Venus, and said to be a water element. The June full moon was called the “Strawberry Moon,” and marked the beginning of summer.
Stay safe, have fun, and most importantly enjoy some nutrient-packed seasonal berries this summer!
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk (chilled for 1-2 days)
- 1 tbsp sweetener (honey, maple syrup, powdered sugar or sugar alternative), optional
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pack of strawberries*
- Pack of blueberries*
- *or as much as you’d like, and any other berries you want!
- Let your mixing bowl chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes
- Open the can of coconut milk and drain the water so you are left with the hardened part of the coconut milk
- Pour the contents into your chilled bowl and beat with a mixer until fluffy
- Add your sweetener of choice and vanilla extract and mix until it’s all blended
- Use as a dip, garnish or base for your berries; serve and enjoy!